Dessert has always been the one “meal” where nutrition seems to fall short. Instead of depriving yourself, try these protein-packed desserts that will not only boost your diet, but will satisfy all your chocolate and sweet cravings. With little to no added sugar, we pack in protein with Greek yogurt, almond butter, and beans to make healthy desserts that actually taste good. (adapted from Cooking Light)
- 1/3 cup quartered strawberries
- 5 almonds
- 1/2 ounce dark chocolate
CALORIES 123; FAT 7.9g (sat 2.9g); PROTEIN 2g; FIBER 3g; SUGARS 10g (est. added sugars 7g); SODIUM 1mg
Flourless Peppermint Brownies
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place first 9 ingredients in a food processor; process until completely smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Fold in chocolate chips; pour batter into a 9-inch square metal baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until edges of brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool 20 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
CALORIES 124; FAT 3.6g (sat 0.4g); PROTEIN 12g; FIBER 1g; SUGARS 10g (est. added sugars 3g); SODIUM 45mg
Sarah oversees social media and internal communication for Iron Tribe Fitness. Her goal is to share the mission of Iron Tribe so others can be transformed by the program, and ultimately become the healthiest version of themselves.