Just because you’re working toward your goals doesn’t mean you have to completely abandon sweets. Thanks to our friend at Ascent Protein, you can meet your nutritional needs (without packing on the calories) with these sweet treats! Make them for your next Summer barbecue or bring a plate of one of these desserts to the gym.
Java Chip Pronuts
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops Ascent Chocolate Cappuccino Micellar Casein or
- Whey Protein1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. Truvia baking blend*
- ½ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 small container applesauce (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 whole eggs (or flax eggs)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract cup of dark chocolate chunks
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- pinch of Salt
- 1 scoop Ascent Cappuccino Micellar Casein or Whey Protein
- 2 tbsp. brewed coffee (decaf or regular, or water for less of a coffee taste)
- 2 tbsp. Truvia baking blend*
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
*Truvia baking blend is a mixture of 1/2 cane sugar and 1/2 stevia to make a great, lower calorie sugar alternative that is great for baking. It can be found in the baking aisle of most groceries. If you don’t have it, you can alternatively use 1/2 cup regular granulated sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together Truvia sweetener, Greek yogurt, applesauce, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Gently mix until a smooth batter forms. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Spray a doughnut pan with nonstick spray.
- Spoon batter into a large, gallon Ziploc bag. Cut tip off bag and pipe doughnut batter into the doughnut pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Let doughnuts completely cool once done baking. Mix all glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Dip each doughnut into the glaze. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips, if desired.
Nutrition per doughnut (out of 8): 160 calories, 14g protein, 21g carbs, 4g fat, 2g fiber, and 9g sugar
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Parfait
- 1 cup oats, uncooked (old fashioned, or quick)
- 2 cups milk or water
- 2 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- 1 scoop Ascent Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein
- 1 ½ cups Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. natural creamy peanut butter*
- extra chocolate chips for topping
- pinch of salt
*To make the recipe lower fat, you can use defatted peanut flour instead of the regular peanut butter.
**This recipe could easily be divded into 3 or even 4 servings.
- Cook oats in milk or water in the microwave.
- Add chocolate chips, protein powder, and pinch of salt. Mix. Place in fridge/freezer for about 10-15 minutes to cool.
- Mix vanilla Greek yogurt with peanut butter until smooth.
- Alternate layers of chilled chocolate oatmeal and peanut butter yogurt mixture into two glasses.
- Top with some extra chocolate chips if desired.
Nutrition per piece (out of 2): 500 calories, 33g protein, 53g carbs, 16g fat, 14g fiber, 14g sugar
Raspberry Lemonade Pre-Workout Tea
- 1 cup brewed black tea, chilled
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 scoop Ascent Raspberry Lemonade pre-workout
- lemon juice to taste
- honey to taste
Blend tea, raspberries, pre-workout, lemon juice and honey together. Pour over ice and enjoy!
Sarah oversees social media and internal communication for Iron Tribe Fitness. Her goal is to share the mission of Iron Tribe so others can be transformed by the program, and ultimately become the healthiest version of themselves.